Monday, February 11, 2008

Proud of myself...

I know it's a little thing, but I'm very proud of myself right now. I just cooked my first roast for dinner tonight. That's right. I did it. You may all applaud now. Hee hee. I was very apprehensive, but I even managed to make gravy to go along with it, even though it wasn't as good as Dad's is. My father makes the best gravy ever. I don't know what he does to it, but yum! Anyway, I digress. I got up this morning and put a little pork roast and a little beef roast in the crockpot on low, and by the time Brian got home at 8:45, it was super tender and yummy. I feel more confident now. It's amazing what a little bit of cooking success can do to you. Next thing you know, I'll be using that springform pan I bought a year and a half ago - just because I might need it someday. Or my Kitchenaid mixer that I've only used once. There's no stopping me now! Watch out, Emeril - here I come!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Good for you! My DH is the one who makes the "big" meats in our household. So my hats off to ya.

Jayne said...

CONGRATS!!!

Nancy said...

wow I don't believe you actually cooked!!!!
Hummm may have to get you an apron.

Kathy said...

Congrats on the roast. Since I went to part time I do alot of the cooking now too. So I understand the appehension.

Since I am new to blogging Jayne at Croppers Cottage tagged me with a item. So Tag you are it. See my blog for details.

Jen said...

Nancy, I do cook - just normally not stuff like roast. I'm really good at Hamburger Helper - LOL! I make a lot of pastas and baked/grilled chicken or fish - easy two-person stuff.