Friday, October 03, 2008

What would you do?

Did anyone watch Deal or No Deal tonight? The person playing tonight was a guy from Michigan. He started out with five million-dollar cases. When he had four cases left, there were still two with a million in them, as well as $200 and $1000. His offer was $448,000, and he ended up taking it. Of course, we got to talking about it. My philosophy is "go hard or go home." I would have kept going until I knocked out one of the million dollar cases, then taken the offer. Brian probably would have taken an offer before the one the player took. That's the main difference between us. I told him tonight that I wouldn't take him as one of my three advisors because I know what he'd say. The joke between us is that he would open the first six cases and take the first offer, no matter what it was. He might go a little further than that, but I'm not so sure. I figure that I came with nothing, so anything I win would be a bonus. As it turned out, after the offer was accepted and they asked what cases the player would have chosen next, he would have knocked out both the $200 and $1000 cases and have been left with two million-dollar cases. What would you have done?

2 comments:

Rita said...

I would have taken the $448,000 I think. Who knows though...things would feel so different if you were actually there on stage playing I think.

I think the meanest part of that show is when they show people what they WOULD have won! I guess sometimes it makes you feel better, but often it's just a slap in the face! LOL

DawnW said...

I would have gotten out too. At least I think I would have. You never know how you would react in the situation. A million bucks is a strong reason to keep going.