Thursday, October 16, 2008

Skywatch Friday

My friend Jeanne has been participating in the Skywatch Friday meme for quite a while now. I've checked it out a couple of times, and I thought that it was time for me to get in on the action. I can't promise pictures every week, but I'll do it as much as I can. This week's pictures are some that I got recently. The moon on Tuesday night was really cool; full, with wispy, mysterious clouds all around it. The top picture is the moon itself, but what I thought was really neat was the middle picture. This was the reflection I saw in the window of our building when I pulled up to go into work. I was very excited that the picture turned out, because to me, the reflection is almost more interesting than the real thing.




I got this picture when we were at the pumpkin farm with the nieces and nephews this past weekend. I love the way the corn is almost silhouetted against the sky, and again with the wispy clouds. What's up with that?

That's all I have for right now. Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I thought it was an eclipse! Great shots!

Mine is posted here and here. Hope you could drop by, too! Happy weekends!

Gayle said...

Great capture of the clouds with the moon. I like the interesting perspective with the corn.
The White House

Powell River Books said...

All very beautiful pictures. I too like the corn picture best. I invite you to come see my sky views from the BC Ferry to Powell River. -- Margy

Louise said...

Welcome! Glad you joined. Love all your pictures, but especially that creepy moon one. Perfect for the time of year!

Jeanne said...

First off Jen, welcome to Sky Watch. I'm SO VERY glad you joined in. It's lots of fun and really gets those creative juices going for taking sky shots.
Now your shots are just fabulous! That first moon shot with the clouds blows me away and that reflection one is awesome. The last shot is so cool too, love your composition!

Arija said...

Nice moon shots but I prefer the corn as high as an elephant's eye wit sky.

vincibene said...

Welcome!
Beautiful magic moon photos!

Jeannelle said...

Nice moon shots! And, I live on a farm in Iowa and always appreciate cornfields! Happy SkyWatching!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

welcome to sky watch... great shots... I am astounded by your header thats just AMAZING!

Colors of Me said...

AWESome pictures Jen!!!! Love them!

Rita said...

LOVE these photos Jen! Wow they're gorgeous. I hope you will be sharing photos often!