Monday, October 27, 2008

Sad Day...

It has arrived. The day I've been dreading for the last 5 weeks. My in-laws are moving away, and taking the kids with them (well, duh - they are their kids, after all). I knew it was not going to be fun, but I didn't think I'd be quite this sad. I actually cried tonight. I'm happy that Roger found a church, but I really wish it wasn't all the way out in Minnesota. It has been so nice having them and the kids nearby and to really have the chance to get to know the rest of Brian's family. I just about lost it today - I took a short break from work to go say goodbye to them, and when I said I had to go back to work, Anna kept telling me "No."

On a happier note, I attended a bell conference in Toledo this weekend. We all had a great time, and I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from it for now.


The park by the river. There were three or four fishermen, and I liked the way they leaned their poles against the chains and leaned back to relax.


5/3 Stadium, home of the Toledo Mud Hens (Detroit's AAA team). This was the view from our hotel window.



At the jazz club. It was the pianist's birthday, as well as Jen B's, so after the band played and sang Happy Birthday to the two of them along with two other birthdays in the house, they brought out and cut a cake, then passed it around to the whole bar.


The big bells. I wish we had these at our church!




Have a great week!



3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sorry about the family moving. Pics are great though and love those bells. One of my favorite parts of Vespers every year is the bell 'choir' at the beginning.

Nancy said...

Aww Jen sorry about them moving away. Hopefully you will be able to visit and vice versa.
Cute photos from the bell retreat.

Rita said...

Awww sweetie, I'm sorry about the family moving. That's always hard. We have no family nearby and we sure miss them.

Love your photos -- looks like a fun time!