Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm getting too old for this...

Well, our first softball practice of the year was last night, and as usual, I'm SORE!! Every year I swear I'm going to try to get into better shape before the first practice, and every year, I ache and "ouch" under my breath for a couple of days after practice. Our team this year should be about as good as last year - please understand that I'm using that term very loosely. Last year, we won 1/2 a game. That's right - 1/2. That was because both our team and our opponents had to forfeit. We may not have had a winning record, but we had a lot of fun. And I think that's what's important to remember. So, while we'll keep last year's goal of trying to score at least one run per game, in the end, if we don't score anything all season, we'll still have fun. Yeah, winning is fun, but being able to lose with dignity is important, too. And I think our team will have a lot of practice at that again this year.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

hey I think its cool that you get out there and play. Good for you. Got some Ben Gay for those muscles?

Jayne said...

well, I'm hoping this year is different! Play to WIN!!!

Rita said...

Hope you enjoy the season -- you have the right attitude about it! :)

I haven't played softball in ages. I would surely make a huge fool of myself if I tried! hee hee

Nancy said...

hehehe hope you win a full game this year. Get some muscle rub