Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun stuff...

While looking at Jeanne's blog, I saw her link to The Daily Meme, and while stumbling around there, I found a couple of cool things. Here's the first:

There will be an RAK for the first person to name that tune...

Music Meme
Here's how it works:
1. Grab the nearest CD.
2. Put it in your CD-Player (or start your mp3-player, I-tunes, etc.).
3. Skip to Song 3 (or load the 3rd song in your 3rd playlist) **I had my iPod on shuffle, so I skipped 3 songs forward**
4. Post the first verse in your journal (blog) along with these instructions. Don’t name the band, nor the album-title

For a fabulous prize, name that tune (and the artist(s))...
"Back in high school I knew a girl
Not too simple and not too kind
We both grew up, but I heard she'd changed
From a new wave fan to another kind..."

The second one was also pretty fun. Over at
World66, you can tell it all the states that you've visited, and it will show you a map like the one below. Clearly, I have some catching up to do as far as states I need to visit.



create your own personalized map of the USA

Oh, and I also took a geek test, which told me that I'm a "Major Geek". No big surprise there, right?

That's all for now, folks! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cool stuff. I missed those myself and I've looked around there plenty. So many ideas, so little time! LOL

Jayne said...

Love the state thingy.
I'm lost concerning name that tune? What journal? Am I supposed to guess yours?