Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quick update...

Good news on the medical fronts. My nephew's kidney biopsy didn't show any rejection issues, but they think there may be some scar tissue where the kidney connects, so his bladder isn't getting fully emptied. We're hoping and praying for a non-surgical solution, because it doesn't sound like a very fun surgery if it becomes necessary. My mom's biopsy came back clean, so we're thankful for that. In other news, my brother-in-law got a church out in Minnesota. That's kind of a mixed blessing - on the one hand, it's nice that he found a church to pastor, but I'm going to hate having them so far away from us. I've been really glad to have the chance to have the family here near us instead of out in Iowa (where they were previously). It's been nice to get to know my nieces and nephews and to see them grow up right before our eyes.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I will pray for a good outcome for your nephew and I'm glad to hear your mom got a clean bill of health.

I'm sorry about your family moving. I know first hand how much it stinks to live far away from family!

Jeanne said...

Good to hear some positives and hope they're able to find a non-surgical solution for him.