Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Prayers needed...

The next couple of days will be kind of scary for our families. My nephew, Cole, is having a kidney biopsy done tomorrow. He was born with only one kidney which functioned at about 25% capacity and had a kidney transplant about a year and a half ago. He has been doing quite well, but lately one of the levels they measure in kidney patients has been rising, which isn't a good thing. I'm praying that they'll find out that the problem is something that's easily corrected.

The following day, my mom is having a lump removed. It's an outpatient surgery, and the doctor thinks it's just a calcification, but it's still surgery and a bit nervewracking. So if you're a praying person, please take a second and remember Cole and my mom as they go through their procedures.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Rita said...

I will gladly say prayers. I hope all is well with both of them -- keep us posted!

Jeanne said...

Good God what the heck is going on? Everywhere you turn people are going through sad sad things. Prayers and thoughts with you Jen. {{HUGS}}