Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!!



Happy 4th of July to all my friends out there! We (as in Brian and me, along with his brother and sister-in-law and their 4.9 kids [she's due any day now], and my BFF Shelly) went to the Saginaw fireworks tonight - they were great as always, and we were able to get really great seats thanks to my having taken pictures at a parade earlier today for a friend who is running for sheriff. Evidently some of the people working with the campaign had planned to go to the fireworks, and one of the ladies that I talked to at the parade and her husband had been camped out there since 6:30pm and were saving spots for more of the volunteers. As we were walking up to the bridge where we were hoping to find seats, the husband saw me and told me they were saving space in the center of the bridge and to go on up and sit with them. It was very, very awesome - one of the things that I really like about Saginaw is that they don't just do the up in the air fireworks, they use a nearby bridge and shoot lower things off of it, and we were in a perfect spot to see everything. I took half a million pictures, but most of them didn't turn out so well. Some of the ones that did are in the slideshow above.

That's all for now - here's hoping that your day was wonderful, and your weekend is even better!

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oohh those are pretty. I tried getting pics of the fireworks we went to, my first try at it. Very challenging. Glad you had a fun time.

Nancy said...

Pretty pics!!!!

Jayne said...

Oh no...I can't see the photos (and NO not cuz of the eyebobs) Shoot, I bet they are beautiful.

Jen said...

Jayne, that's so weird! Remind me and I'll show you them at work.

DawnW said...

Great photos of the Fireworks, I will have to get around to posting mine...maybe tonight yet. Looks like a fabulous time!

Rita said...

Great photos Jen! I did not get one firework photo this year, but we didn't go to the big display in town -- we have friends that shoot off a bunch in their cul-de-sac.

Glad you had a fun time -- and got good seats! Can't beat that!

Jeanne said...

Came by looking for an update. How goes it? Also something for you over to my blog. 'grin'