Wednesday, March 12, 2008

G Whiz...

Ok, so it's been a while since I worked on the Encyclopedia of Me, so here goes "G":

Geese: My maiden name. Actually pronounced "gay-zee" if you live in Germany or want to spend your life explaining to everyone you meet that it's pronounced that way but spelled like the birds that fly over your house in the fall. It really wasn't a bad name as far as names go, other than the fact that I was always known as "Geesey" in elementary school. Oh yeah, and when I was teaching I got "Miss Goose" a LOT.

Grammar: I am a self-proclaimed grammar freak. Seeing stuff written that is just plain wrong, especially when it's in an official capacity just drives me nuts. We are undergoing training right now, and let's just say that some of the training materials weren't proofread as good as they could have been. We'll leave it at that. Take my word for it, the apostrophe is your friend, as are commas and capital letters.

Grandparents: I only really remember one of my grandparents - my Grandma Geese. The others all died before I was two years old. I can vaguely remember my grandfather on my mother's side coming to visit Aunt Rose's house when I was very little. He was blind, and we have pictures of my playing with his cane and the old-man hat he wore. The pictures are cute, because believe it or not, I was actually cute until I hit 5 years old or so. I don't know what happened then. The other thing I will always remember about my grandparents is that my paternal grandfather refused to hold me when I was first born because he was afraid he would break me. He died when I was about two or three months old, and never held me.

That's about all the "G" words I can come up with right now. Stay tuned for another exciting blog entry (where exciting means slightly more fun than watching paint dry, anyway).

1 comment:

Colors of Me said...

hi jen!! just wanted to stop by and say happy easter!!!