Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sleepless in Saginaw

Yuck!! I think I got about one hour of sleep last night. I didn't really think I was going to make it through work today, but I did it. Yay! Go me! Anyway, today was Michelle's birthday, so we got to go to Genji's for lunch, which is totally worth it any day! Can you say "Yum"?

So anyway, I've been thinking about how summer is very nearly gone. The days are still warm, but the nights get pretty cool right now (except for last night - I walked out the door this morning and the muggy heat pretty much slapped me in the face, daring me to say it's been cool lately). I actually think we may have set some records for heat the past couple of days - it's been close to 90 degrees, which is just crazy for Michigan this time of year - but, since it's Michigan, it's not totally outside the realm of possibility. We had what will probably be our last campfire of the year out at Brian's dad's house this weekend, and I had to wear jeans! I've been so used to capris or shorts this summer it was a difficult transition, to say the least.

Introspective moment: I'm listening to my iPod (which I love!), and the song currently playing is Andy Partridge - "Aren't You Glad You Did Something Good With Your Life". So here's the question: What good have you done with your life? I try to be a decent person, and a good friend, but I don't know that I've done any acts of great good for anyone. Would you necessarily know if you had? What if just by doing something you would do anyway, you make someone's life just a bit better, and that spurs them to do something nice for someone else, and it snowballs from there? The theme of the song is more about just doing something with your life, not sitting at home waiting for that nebulous someday, but it got me thinking... Hmmm.... And we cut from that song to "Bring on the Men" from Jekyll and Hyde. Interesting...

2 comments:

Jayne said...

hmm...some good thoughts about life. Oh and btw, the fish was awesome! LOL

Jen said...

I do have good thoughts once in a while... :)