Thursday, November 13, 2008

Skywatch Friday - the Wedding Edition

I haven't seen any interesting skies this past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd look for some from my pictures of prior events. When I opened up Picasa, I found that I was on the folder containing my cousin's wedding pictures, and I saw the first picture here. This was taken outside of the church where my cousin Candy's wedding was held this spring. I love the church because it's so picturesque, and there is a cemetery attached to it that is older and has some very eye-catching headstones. I also love this picture because of the way the clouds seem to be just painted across the sky like someone took a gigantic brush and put them there.

Once I found the first picture, I decided to see what other skywatch pictures I could find in my various wedding folders. The picture below was taken in August at my friend Kate's wedding. Once again, the day was overcast, and I thought the clouds were interesting, especially the way they seem to showcase the steeple? part of the church.

And finally, because I like to have three pictures - two would just feel incomplete - I was able to find one more sky picture from a wedding day. This picture was taken in Windsor, Canada as we left my friend Shelly's wedding. Guess what - more clouds! I really like the way the Bluewater Bridge looks with the clouds in the background and overhead.



That's all for this week. Check out Skywatch Friday here. Have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely pictures! I really like the second one--the contrast of the clouds against the tower is very striking.
*smiles*
Kim
http://mom-musings.blogspot.com/2008/11/watching-sky.html

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoy taking pictures of churches. All the skies in your trio of photographs are lovely. Thanks for sharing them.

Grammy said...

I love your photos they are amazing.
Happy SWF!

vincibene said...

Beautiful pictures!

Steve Buser said...

seems like what we have here is that if the skies won't come to you, you will take us up into the skies with your shots. Good selections.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jen: A trio of really neat captures.

Jeanne said...

Love 'em Jen especially that second one. Would love to see the whole church, that glimpse looks very interesting. How are you liking Jessica Sprague's class?

Rita said...

Awesome cloud photos -- I really like the first one. Clever to find all of your sky photos from different weddings!

Nancy said...

Pretty cool photos!