Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wow - it's been a while...

I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted. I really have no excuse - I've just been a bit anti-social for a while. I feel like a bad friend - I really haven't been keeping up on my friends' blogs, and I haven't been on Croppers Cottage much, I haven't blogged, and I haven't really even been on Facebook. I guess I just needed some time to myself.


Since the last time I blogged, so much has happened. We had Christmas, along with all the attendant craziness, I turned 35 (I know - I'm officially OLD! LOL), then there was Easter, and some craft shows, and now here we are at the start of softball season again. We've been working 58 hours mandatory again, so it's been a bit hectic around here. Since my last post, I've experienced the happiest moment in my life so far, and also the saddest moment. I've seen butterflies at Dow Gardens, Broadway in Saginaw, and my good friend get hypnotized by Anthony Cools in the funniest show I've ever seen.

I've been contemplative lately - thinking about the future and what it holds for all of my friends. Two friends and two cousins are pregnant, and another two of the girls at my church have either just given birth or are about to. That's good news - I can't wait to see all the new babies. On the down side, we are still trying to sell the house that my in-laws rented from us, our renter just up and moved out in the beginning of April, and Brian is laid off again for the summer, just hoping to find a job. Those parts are not so good. I'm wondering if we'll ever sell the house or find a renter, and I'm starting to get a little worried about those prospects - I don't think all the OT in the world will pay my bills plus the bills of two houses. I'm also worried that we won't find a pitcher for our softball team, which will NOT help us win any games - not that I was really expecting to win any games, but still, the hope remains.

About the pitcher, I'm starting to think that the pitcher's position for our team is very similar to the position of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher in the Harry Potter series. Those of you who have read the books or seen the movies are probably giggling at me right now. For those of you who haven't, let me explain (no, there is too much, let me sum up :). In HP, the DADA position seems to be cursed - none of the teachers in the series made it more than one school year. Our team has been a team in this league for the past two years, and we've had two pitchers. The pitcher from the first year took a batted ball in the shin in the last game of the year, and had a bruise the size of Cleveland on her shin for quite some time afterward. She has not recovered from the trauma and stress of the injury, and consequently declined to play last year (and this year, for that matter). Since she is also a coworker, I suspect the stress of the new system and all the OT we've been doing is a factor as well. I was planning on our pitcher from last year being able to pitch for us again, but she has developed tendonitis, and although she is still planning on playing, pitching is out for her. Soooo, we're looking for a new pitcher. Wish us luck!

Ok - clearly I need to blog more, because it seems that I babble when I haven't. I'll work on being better about that. Until next time, have a great day!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

It is about time you updated girly!!
Hopefully Brian will find something he likes to do and gets a job quickly.

Hope your team does well this year.

Jeanne said...

Bout time! I've been terrible too about visiting the Cottage and I get over to Facebook some but not enough to keep up. Only thing I do keep up on is the bloggy and trying to keep up on everyone else's(that's a bit behind). Sorry to hear about Brian's work. Tough times but hang in there gotta get better soon. Good luck on finding a good pitcher. Like your analogy hehe.